Property Condition Assessments
Whether you are purchasing your first investment property or are a seasoned investor with multiple buildings in your portfolio, purchasing a commercial property is a serious financial commitment. And, because the cost of repairs or replacement of a major component on a commercial building can be significant, knowing the physical condition of the building is critical to determining the true value of the investment.
Our comprehensive Due Diligence Inspections are performed according to the standards established by ASTM 2108 E for property condition assessments (PCA), and include the evaluation of:
- Structure – concrete, steel and wood components
- Roof system -- surface material, condition, age and remaining useful life
- Building envelope – roof and sidewalls including windows and doors
- Interior finishes – floors, walls and ceilings
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Electrical system and components
- Plumbing system and fixtures
- Fire suppression and life safety systems
- Hardscape - walks, roadways, drives, parking areas
- Storm water drainage
The final property condition assessment report includes:
- Full narrative description of current condition and relevant photos
- Estimated remaining useful life of major components
- Recommendations for upgrades and maintenance protocols
- Cost estimates for repair or replacement of items exceeding $3000
- Summary report highlighting areas of concern.
Reports can be downloaded from our website and, at the discretion of our client, can easily be distributed to all involved parties to ensure transactions proceed in a timely manner. Hardcopies can be provided upon request. If you wish to see a sample report, please contact us.
In accordance with industry practices, a standard PCA does not include the inspection of trade fixtures, such as refrigeration units, coolers, commercial grade ovens and stoves.
Depending on the needs of the client, we offer additional services such as ADA compliance surveys, thermal imaging, inspection of specialty building materials such as exterior insulated finish systems (EIFS), and other services.
TO SCHEDULE YOUR DUE DILIGENCE INSPECTION